How to write an Imprint editorial
- Open your browser; point it to Google (or your search engine of choice).
- Pick up your paper, find the name of some existing newsmaker; type it into
the search box and press enter.
- Find some dirt; if you are unable to do so, type "dirt" into the search
box and press enter again.
- Take notes; use them to form an opinion that your target is not very
- Start writing; spout the random facts you discovered, and use them to
justify your unfavourable opinion.
- Get out your thesaurus; replace some words with bigger ones. Remember,
you're supposed to sound educated.
- Begin padding your editorial. Repeat your opinion for emphasis.
- Pretend you're frothing at the mouth and tack some more opinions on to the
- Proofread your work. Or don't, and let the proofreaders do so instead.
- Congratulations, you have a new Imprint editorial. Add your name and
submit it for publishing.
Copyright © 1998 mathNEWS.