Historical Programming Quotes
Straight from a thread on proggit to you, here are Historical Programming Quotes!
- Classes struggle, some classes triumph, others are eliminated. - Mao Zedong on OO and Refactoring
- "A good man is hard to find." - Flannery O'Connor, speaking on the subject of UNIX technical documentation
- "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton on using open source licenced libraries.
- "Love truth, but pardon error." - Voltaire on exception handling.
- "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], 'Pray, Mr.Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage