The Nerfing of StarCraft II
Blizzard is nerfing units in response to newbies "Terran is OP!" whine.
This is a Protoss player talking. There is absolutely no reason to nerf any race or any unit in particular! Why does anybody think Blizzard did close to 8 months of Beta testing? I'll give you a hint: THEY WERE DOING BALANCE CHANGES! Sadly enough, the community has whined to the maximum and Blizzard has made the executive decision to wreck the game beyond usable proportions.
Here's a basic list of the "balance changes" that are being implemented in the near future, and my nastily-written reaction to them.
(Please note: I am a diamond league 1v1 and gold 2v2 random player. I don't know how much or how little this qualifies me in writing the following comments, but if you think otherwise, please, Imprint wants to hear about it!)
- Zealot build time is increasing to 38 (from 33) seconds.
- Zealot warpgate cooldown is increasing to 28 (from 23) seconds.
Official quote from Blizzard:
"Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. We feel the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small."
This is Blizzard basically saying: "stop sucking against Protoss, but because we are only slightly evil and are incredibly rich, we will nerf these beastly warriors in an attempt to piss off professional Protoss players."
Thanks Blizzard. It worked. You have now pissed off most Protoss players.
- Reaper build time increasing to 45 (from 40) seconds.
- Bunker build time increasing to 35 (from 30) seconds.
- Seige tanks base damage is changing to 35 (+15 for armoured) (from 50 base).
- Seige tank upgrade is changing to +3(+2 for armoured) instead of +5 base.
- Battlecruiser damage against ground units is decreasing to 8 (from 10).
This is Blizzard basically saying: "Please stop massing Seige Tanks and Battlecruisers because people are whining about how overpowered they are. Also, stop 5-rax-rushing (Google this if you are not familiar with SC2) and bunker expanding so fast because Zergs are usually too incompetent to understand how to counter such a simple, overused strategy."
- Ultralisk bonus damage is decreasing from +25 vs. Armored to +20 vs. Armored (15 base).
- Ultralisk "Ram" has been removed since the overall damage was less than the normal attack damage, especially vs. tightly packed buildings like Supply Depots.
Basically, Blizzard loves Zerg and wonders why people complain so much. It is purely because of this that Blizzard is only nerfing the "ultimate" unit of Zerg, and this is only because they did the same to Terran. This is likely a ploy for more professional Zerg players to rise from the depths (ahem, Jaedong?!) and overload the top-level rankings.
The sitrep online says it all, so here's the source:
Until next time, try not to set yourself on fire.
On the Fields of Justice,
TankED (aka Merlini)