The Graduation List
It was some time ago, when I saw the article by a graduating student listing their to-do list and comparing what they had wanted to do here to what they actually accomplished. Some of her goals stuck with me; sure, you're hopefully here with the intent to graduate, but there's something more to it than that.
Here's a few of my goals; some I had before coming here, a couple from that article, a couple that have arisen over time. Nothing I wouldn't release to the world, but perhaps it will spawn a similar article some time down the road.
- Pull an all-nighter: Easy enough... though I will warn anyone contemplating this that everything is fuzzy past 26 hours. Don't bother for studying, and only use for assignments if it is actually worth most of your mark and you can count the remaining hours on one hand.
- Get 100 on a course: First term. Bell curve, guessing, and final-time formula derivation were involved.
- Take a Killer Course: This is in the hands of the CS advisors now.
- Sleep in the Comfy Lounge: Nothing overnight yet; I'm sure you're all nice people, but I keep you out for a reason.
- Write for mathNEWS: Success! Inherited from aforementioned graduating student; may it be passed on once more.