A friend wanted me to define "normal" by Math standards. =
I thought it was definitely an interesting topic to research into, so I =
dug up some "basic" information about the ordinary =
everyday Math student. Given that the general majority of them are male =
and in Computer Science (and given that I am of that demographic), I am =
going to first point out some basic observations about "Math".
- We all love or know something about Pokemon.
- We all love or have something to do with gaming.
- We consider ourselves nerdy and proud.
- Most times we can be found huddled up at some table, furiously =
scribbling proofs or formulae, in an attempt to make a small grain of =
sense in a world full of chaos (AKA Statistics).
And so, I give you the "normal" measure of a Mathie!
(Please don't judge yourself to this - it was a general =
outline given the fact that my friend is female and basically has been =
hit on by every creeper in Math)
Normal by Math standards:
- Been rejected by a member of the opposite sex at least once since you =
got to Waterloo.
- Unable to hold a decent conversation for longer than thirty seconds =
without a mention of booze, partying, gaming, or other Internet meme.
- Able to burst into song at any point in time about anything remotely =
related to the topic.
- Instantly locks up and become immobile and unresponsive upon a =
beautiful person of the opposite gender walking into the room.
- Can't look at an unsolved Math equation for longer than five =
minutes without somehow working out details of it.
Feel free to add to my "basic outline" of normality, but =
these are based on a lot of previous observations people have made to me =
(that I forgot to include because of laziness).