5 Things to Look For in an Effective Wingman
(Note: I was requested to write this on behalf of one of the mathNEWS
editors. It may or may not relate to the failed performance of a
certain fellow writer over the past weekend. The use of the word
"wingman" is not meant to be gender exclusive; the word "wingperson"
just sounds weird.)
- Someone who is, or can make themselves appear to be, less
attractive then you. You don't want the person you're trying to pick
up being more interested in them, that's just awkward.
- Someone who's either already taken, not interested in anything,
not interested in the same kind of people as you, or someone so
committed to the cause of getting you a partner/a connection/laid that
they won't risk picking up the person you're trying to connect
- Social competence! An awkward wingman just makes you look even
- Someone who will get less drunk then you. How else can you make
sure they have your best interests in heart?
- An exception to rule 2: The perfect wingman is someone you're
already having sex with. That way, even if you fail, you don't have to
go home alone.
(define this (not cool))