Ten real reasons behind the recent DoS attacks on major web sites
[DoS, for those of you who don't know,
stands for "Denial of Service" — RichEd]
- More Y2K
- A chain letter said it would improve love lives.
- Microsoft claims Linux did it.
- A chain letter promised to send free gifts for helping.
- Linux claims Microsoft did it.
- A chain letter promised to give free software upgrades.
- There are no DoS attacks. (DoDoS)
- A chain letter would donate 5 cents to some charity every time a site
- DOS sucks anyway. (Who says 640k RAM is all you need?)
- Squirrels did it.