Incompetent Squizmaster Takes Over
It seems like Deja vu all over again. Andrew Drummond is nowhere to be
found, hence, we have, once again, a Squizmaster on the loose. If anyone
spots Andrew, stay calm, he SHOULD be unarmed. Call the mathNEWS offices
immediately and we'll call out the mathNEWS Swat Team to recapture our rogue
Squizmaster. Possible locations Andrew may be at include the Alberta PC head
office, or the Rogers Video store.
In a related story: FOUND: Stuffed Groundhog, makes ticking noises. Small
digital clock fused internally. Clock is counting down. Sticks of unknown
substance behind said digital clock. Please come and claim your toy.
Since Andrew is probably in Alberta to celebrate a landslide PC victory
(which will never happen in federal politics in the next 10 years), he has
failed to regale us in his knowledge that is mathNEWSquiz. Therefore, I shall
take over in his absence. Once again, I warn you that this Squiz is rather
unacademic in comparison to Andrew's spew of acamdemia. But, it should
present a nice diversion to binary trees and Taylor's Theorem.
Jean Chretien, our Prime Minister
(This is here to purely annoy Andrew)
- In what year was Chretien appointed as the parliamentary secretary to
Lester B. Pearson?
- What is his first cabinet posting?
- What year did he resign from the Commons? Bonus point for stating the
- Name all the honorary degrees bestowed upon Chretien? (Bonus for naming
the Japanese university that gave him a doctorate in Laws)
- Is his mouth curved to the left or right? (That's HIS left or right)
2001 Toronto AutoShow
- Toronto gained international status this year. Name the ruling body that
hands out AutoShow certifications.
- What is the name of the Saturn's new SUV? (Bonus point: What was the
name before this one?)
- Which Z-series roadster did not make an appearance at the Toronto
- What is the color of the Volvo S60 on the rotational display?
- Name all the buildings that were involved in the AutoShow
- Audi defied gravity and place a car, on a 90 degrees axis, on the side
of the wall. What was this car?
The West Wing
(The Television Show)
- What is the name of the Chinese Ambassador? (Bonus mark for knowing what
is fundamentally wrong with it.
- President Barlet has how many daughters?
- Where is Ainsley Hayes' Office located?
- According to Josh, doing what relieves stress for him?
- Who's hotter? Donna or Ainsley? Why? (THERE IS A RIGHT ANSWER! BUT, you
can change our minds.)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- What was the name of the operation to retake the station in season
- What did Sisko use as a sign that he was here to stay, or wasn't sure he
would be going back to DS9? Where did he place this sign?
- Name DS9's sister station? (Bonus points for the correct sector it is
located. HINT: DS9 = Terok Nor)
- Name all items that Nog and Jake were willing to trade, and did trade,
for a Willie Mays baseball card?
- What color carpet did the Defiant have? The Defiant-A?
- How many people did it take to continuously play for the latest
Barbarian to reach level 99 in Diablo II?
- What is the tentative release date for Team Fortress 2?
- Name the company that is developing Free Lancer(Bonus points for
1. Naming the company that bought them out, 2. Naming the founder of this
company. 3. Name the game that this is supposed to be the 'unofficial sequel
- Name the actor who played Colonel Christopher Blair in Wing Commander
III, IV, & Prophecy?
- Name the 2 new campaigns found in the new Voyager: Elite Force
There you go. Enjoy the squiz, and don't forget to submit to the BLACK
BOX, now found in the MathSoc office. You can also submit it through the
mathNEWS email at firstname.lastname@example.org.