All come wait to those who things good
Right, straight to it! The solutions for the previous Squiz: Songs:
1. Dire Straits, Walk Of Life, 2. AC\DC, You Shook Me All Night
Long, 3. Baha Men, You All Dat, 4. Crash Test Dummies,
Afternoons and Coffeespoons, 5. LiveOnRelease, I'm Afraid of Britney
Spears; Theorems: 1. PM 440, 2. AM 231, 3. MATH 137, 4. CS 360,
5. C&O 442; IRON CHEF: 1. October 10, 1993, 2. Allez Cuisine,
3. Ota Shinichiro, 4. 3, 5. green, 6. Yukio Hattori, 7. Bill Bickard,
8. Rokusaburo Michiba, 9. Rokusaburo Michiba, 10. Bobby Flay.
Now, the verdict. Tom Pontoriero, fresh from a second place finish last
issue swooped in to score well, more than 20, 23 or so, I'll recount later,
but since he won by a landslide (no one else submitted), I can hand out the
trophy without an official count! Tom, your C&D gift certificate will be in the
MathSoc office as soon as we put it there! And remember all you other
readers, if you submit, and you're the only one, you win. And that is that.
Oh ya, the Squiz. Daryl McEachern pretty much is doing all the work
during his free Monday afternoons, and then I compile it and lay it out.
Sounds like a fair partnership, so here's an entirely Daryl Squiz:
Name That Tune
One point for artist, one point for title
Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad
Let me know heaven sees
Shines on life our memories
Mmm, make me feel all that you are
Angel child or a radiant star
Schoolgirl sweetie with a classy kinda sassy,
Little skirt's climbin' way up the knee.
There was three young ladies in the school gym locker,
When I noticed they was lookin' at me.
Man I ain't getting nowhere
I'm just living in a dump like this
There's something happening somewhere
Baby I just know that there is
- What are the names of the three cyclopdic aliens?
- When was Maggie born?
- What is the prefix of the Simpson's phone number?
- In the opening credits, what does the cash register read when Maggie
is scanned (not the answer given in the 138th Episode Spectacular)? Bonus:
What does it say in the 138th Episode Spectacular?
- What is Homer's middle name?
- Which Race Car driver was nominated for 2001 GQ Sportsman of the
- What type of fuel do CART cars use?
- What does a blue flag mean in Formula 1?
- Other than Montreal, what were the to other locations of the Canadian
Grand Prix (formula 1)?
- Who is the all time money winner in Car racing?
Bonus: How much had he won?
For each, name the parent company
(eg. Pontiac = General Motors)
Good luck with the questions, They don't look as tough as last issue,
hopefully we'll have more people dropping answer-submissions in the BLACK BOX or
mailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a
good one, mates.
Questions by Daryl, filler by Brad