A Definitive Guide to Stress Relief for Math Students
Alright, we all know that the university life is stressful. There's no denying
it. The real question is: what is the best way to relieve stress? I consider
myself fairly relaxed about the whole university experience, and have thus
decided to share some of my techniques for dealing with the trials and
tribulations of daily life.
- Sleep in. Make sure there is at least one day a week where you don't wake up to an alarm, no matter how long you sleep.
- Pay attention in class. All you really need is a full lecture. You'll realize that the material isn't actually that hard.
- Steal knowledge from others. This can be done either through eating the brains of others or simply waving your hands in front of their faces and observing the blank stares you get in return. You'll be amazed how much less your work load will seem with a more competent brain.
- Exercise. It takes care of that extra energy. You can't be stressed if you can't stand anymore.
- Play video games. For some reason, battling demons in a foreign land makes problems here less significant.
- Go drinking. Alcohol has the amazing property that, for a brief while, you can forget all that shit that's been bothering you. (Note that this might also help with not being able to stand).
- Yell. Pick a wall or a funny looking piece of tape and bitch it out. You'll feel much better afterwards.
- Break things. Preferably your own things, but what your friends don't know can't hurt you.
- Actually do school work. You'd be amazed what getting those pesky assignments out of the way will do for your stress level, and the best thing is that the stress stays gone!
I hope any of this can help you in your quest for survival in this heavy stress environment. Good luck on finals to all of you!
Taking in some relaxation