How to tell that it's just not your day
- You board the Toronto subway, heading towards the coach terminal
so that you can return to UW, and realize that you forgot your bus
- After getting off the subway train, you call home so that somebody
can get your ticket to you. While on the phone, being told to pick up
the ticket where you first boarded, the train you want to board pulls
up and stops. When you hang up and go to board it, it leaves without
- Upon arriving back at the starting point, you have to wait half an
hour for your ticket to arrive. While heading back down to the
platform, the train you want leaves again.
- After (finally!) arriving at the stop for the coach terminal, you
run up to street level, and spot the bus making its way across Dundas,
400 meters away.
- Once finding out that the next bus doesn't leave for one and a
half hours, and feeling hungry, you walk to a nearby fast food joint.
After taking your order, the person behind you orders almost the same
thing, but gets served first.
- Once you board the bus, it leaves half an hour late, officially
screwing your plans to finish all your assignments before class.
- After arriving in Kitchener, you run to catch the bus to the
university, just missing it.
- Finally arriving back at UW, you notice that you forgot most of
your luggage back in Toronto.
Copyright © 1998 mathNEWS.